Volunteer Opportunities & Information
- Complete a volunteer form [Right-click to save PDF Volunteer Application] which you will fill out and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or bring with you to orientation
- Once your application has been filled out, you can schedule orientation here. We have orientations 7 days a week at various times for your convenience.
- Arrive for orientation on time and ready to learn about our organization! Bring with you your completed application and any forms you may need from your organization.
- After orientation, you may be able to stay and volunteer if you desire, please check with the staff member leading orientation for that day.
- Volunteer dates are scheduled at the same link from item 2. The times listed should be viewed as guides that can be adapted to fit your schedule. Please always sign up for your volunteer days before showing up and give 24 hours notice in case of cancellation so that the staff is prepared.
Regular weekly volunteer opportunities:
- Office Work – organize, input data, update records
- Trail and site maintenance – Trimming trees and shrubs, pulling weeds, making repairs
- Cleaning and upkeep – sweeping, vaccuuming, dusting, etc.
- Landscaping and gardening – plant flowers in the butterfly garden, pull weeds, lay mulch.
- Planetarium aide- Assist the planetarium manager/presenter with giving presentations in the dome, organization of the planetarium, and helping with any other planetarium-related tasks.
- Animal care- for long-term volunteers- help prepare animal meals, clean enclosures and tend to the animals.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with us! If you have any questions, please email email@example.com or call 239.275.3435